Friday, January 17, 2014

Baby Brookie is 3 months old!!


Our sweet baby girl turned 3 months yesterday!! I absolutely LOVE having a little girl, which is a little surprising since I was always such a tom boy!! And it still amazes me at God's perfect timing. When I was pregnant with Jackson, all I wanted was a healthy baby BOY!! I did not even want to think about having a little girl. But over time, God has softened my heart and prepared me for a special little girl named Brooklyn Dawn! After 3 boys I was so excited to find out we were having a little girl! Not that a little girl is in any way better than a little boy; it's just different! I feel so blessed that God wanted our family to have both: boys and girl! Ever since my mom has passed, I have truly missed having a mother/daughter relationship. Don't get me wrong, I have had so many wonderful people step in and fill that void. And for that, I feel incredibly grateful and blessed!! But here recently I just had a hunger in my heart. One that wouldn't go away. I truly believe that it was God's way of preparing my heart for Brooklyn. Does Brooklyn take the place of my Mom?! Absolutely not!! No one can ever take her place or fill that "Mom" shaped void in my heart. But Brooklyn gives me another chance at that mother/daughter relationship. This time the role of Mother is mine. It is my job to teach her how to become a Godly lady who desires to love Jesus with all her heart and to be a servant to others. It is my job to teach her how to love her husband and love her kids. Don't get me wrong, my desire for all my kids is to love Jesus with all their heart, to love their spouse and their family, and to be a servant!! But my boys are going to look to their Daddy as a living example of how to be a Godly man, not me. Brooklyn, though, is going to look to her Mommy on how to be a Godly woman. My motherhood role just took on a whole new meaning!! I am humbled, somewhat anxious, and excited for this new adventure! I still am amazed that God saw fit not only to give me 3 little boys but also a little girl!! My prayer is that I can be the best momma that I can be to all my kids. That I can be the kind of person that my boys would want to marry and that my daughter would want to become! My verse that I constantly use as encouragement is this: "Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6) My job is to train them up in the instruction of The Lord. But there is also a promise in that verse too. "He will not depart from it". My prayer for each of my children is that they will be so grounded in their faith that the world will not be able to shake them. However if the world does get a foothold on them, I claim this promise: that they will return to their faith and to Jesus, the Savior of the world!! With all that being said,these last 3 months have been tiring but also some of the most rewarding!! We love our Brookie and are so thankful that God blessed our family with her!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment